From osteoporosis, rheumatoid, and gout; all forms of arthritis can be a debilitating. Painful inflammation in joints can be localized to one particular area, while still others can ravage various bodily areas.
Typically, patients are prescribed or recommended over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications; however, recently once-trusted medications have been recalled due to unknown, unsafe effects on its unsuspecting arthritis patients. This wave of medical recalls, has given rise to more and more arthritis victims seeking alternative remedies for their inflamed joints. Few know about the natural alternatives out there, that can help ease arthritis sufferers.
Below is a list of the top ten natural ways to reduce arthritis pain.
- Glucosamine and Chondriotin: Glucosamine and chondriotin are compounds already produced in the body that helps rebuild and repair damaged cartilage. Glucosamine and/or chondroitin natural supplements are a very popular natural remedy for arthritis pain, as they work in the same way: to build and repair weakened joints.
- MSM: MSM is another popular natural remedy, a compound found in fresh meats, vegetables, fruit, and cow’s milk. This sulfur compound has had positive results in reducing the painful inflammation and swelling caused by arthritis.
- Manganese: Manganese is primarily effective with rheumatoid arthritis, and has been shown to promote enzyme growth and slow deterioration of joint health.
- Niacinamide (or Vitamin B3): Niacinamide is recommended for arthritis sufferers, as it can strengthen and bolster bodily cells, cell tissues, and cell growth; discouraging the worsening of arthritis physical effects.
- Turmeric and Ginger Extract: Turmeric and ginger-both easily found in the household cupboard-are herbal extracts shown to greatly and naturally reduce inflammation in arthritis victims.
- Cinnamon: Another convenient natural spice aid, cinnamon can help cut down on arthritis inflammation and pain by slowing the release of fatty acids.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil-a healthy part of anyone’s diet-has also been shown to help ease inflammation of deteriorating joint health. The central compound found in extra virgin olive oil, oleocanthal, has proven effective as a pain remedy-most regularly compared to the pain-relieving effects of ibuprofen. The regular use of olive oil over a period of time has been studied to reveal long term joint health, as well as heart strength.
- Black Cohosh: Black Cohosh is a helpful anti-inflammatory herbal extract regularly used for both menopausal and arthritis effects, used to reduce the inflammation associated with joint pain.
- Yellow/Orange Fruits/Vegetables: Studies have shown that increasing intake of yellow and orange vegetables in your diet, can greatly reduce long term effects associated with arthritis pain and inflammation. The cartenoids in these fruits and vegetables are elemental to this positive process.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Another popular arthritis cure is evening primrose oil for its concentration of GLA-a bodily compound that the body converts into prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are the body’s activity for regulating inflammation. Evening primrose oil-used on a regular basis-has been proven to show positive reduction of arthritis inflammation and related symptoms.
Though the above natural remedies have had positive results in studies taken, it is not a given that each will dramatically affect one arthritis victim to the next. Each body is different, and combining one or all of the above natural alternatives could help ease inflammation, given the specific patient. Moreover, consulting with your physician before taking any new supplement or medication is absolutely crucial to your overall health. Remember, while choosing natural remedies over chemical are typically better for your long term health, this is not a definite and not all natural cures are safe. Doing your research and consulting with a trusted doctor is always key in alleviating any bodily deficiency.Tags: arthritis, natural ways to reduce arthritis pain