Dr. Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon University professor who is dying of pancreatic cancer, gives a reprise of his last lecture at the Oprah show. He shares his childhood dreams-what they were and how he achieved most of them-and inspires people to go after theirs.
He also motivates people to live their lives with the correct principles so that when they look back, they will have no regrets. His testimony is made powerful by the fact that he is choosing to live life to the full despite his sickness and is changing people’s perspectives while he’s at it.
Key Points from this Inspirational Video:
- Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want
- Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things
- Have a sense of fun and wonder
- We need to value people over things
- Decide early on if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore
- Work and play well with others
- Show gratitude
- Don’t complain; just work harder
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Entertainment Rating (1-5): 5
Although he is a university professor doing a lecture, the video was never boring. He is a very engaging and interesting speaker.
Instructional Rating (1-5): 5
He used a simple slide show with pictures and points that deliver his message clearly.
Sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to Lailani Mendoza for this in-depth inspirational video review!Tags: Dr. Randy Pausch, inspirational video, last lecture, success video