Are you left with inspiration but no action after hearing, reading, and watching stories about other people who are successful? If so, you’re not alone. I’ve got a question for you: Why watch Oprah when you can be on Oprah instead? Don’t you see different guests on her show every day? They’re people just like you. They didn’t start out on Oprah, they ended up there and it wasn’t by luck either. They changed their lives to get there.
Wouldn’t you like to experience some of that success for yourself? It’s not difficult at all. You just need to learn how to redirect the thoughts and energy you’re using already. You’re getting results, but they may not be the results you really want. What does being a Champion in your life mean to you?
- Being self-employed?
- Making a certain amount of money per year?
- Living in the city that you really want to live in?
- Having more free time?
- Having more vacation time with your family?
- Living in your dream home?
- Having effective communication with your family?
- Having the relationship you’ve always wanted with someone who understands you?
- Having free time for volunteer work or community service?
- Having a family?
- Having a deep sense that you’re making a contribution to the world?
- Visiting all the cities and countries you’ve wanted to visit?
- Being able to hire a nanny or cleaning person?
- Being the best mother, daughter, father, son or friend you can be?
- Driving the car you’ve always wanted to drive?
- Having the furniture to fill your dream home?
- Writing the book you’ve always wanted to write?
- Creating the inventions in your head?
- Taking action on the ideas in your head that never get out of your head?
- Being able to hire an interior designer?
- Having the wardrobe you’ve always wanted?
- Having more closet space?
- Having the free time to dream and imagine?
- Meeting a famous person you’ve always admired?
- Having the financial resources to contribute to people and causes you love?
- Having a personal trainer?
- Getting and staying on track with your diet?
- Having a lean toned body?
- Learning what you’ve always wanted to learn?
- Going to school to get a degree?
- Being the best when you do your favorite activities?
- Doing the things you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done?
Whatever it is for you, you can have it!
Maybe this is hard for you to believe because you aren’t satisfied with the life you’re living today. Well, your present circumstances don’t determine your future. We have plenty of examples to show us that this isn’t true.
Think of where these people started in life and how they’ve ended up: Bill Gates, Stevie Wonder, Helen Keller, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Eckhart Tolle, Anthony Robbins, Steven Speilberg, Julia Roberts, Colonel Sanders, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., Ghandi (the obvious choices), most professional athletes, most professional musicians and so many others.
They all started out as babies with nothing but personal passion to fuel them on to creating wonderful lives. They all took different roads to climb their individual mountains of success, but they all got there by being focused and by taking action consistently.
Every successful person you have ever known or heard of has had help to create effective results in their lives. They all got where they wanted to go in life. It just took some support. Olympic athletes, businessmen and women, parents, students, salespeople, writers, artists – anyone can have what they want.
If you don’t have enough belief in yourself or you don’t have enough support from those around you, then having a coach or mentor can make the difference for you. Working with a qualified coach can support you in succeeding the simple way instead of trying to re-invent the wheel to get results the hard way.
An ancient Chinese proverb says, “If we don’t change where we’re going we’ll probably end up there.” Do you want to end up where you’re headed right now?
Think about what it would look like for you to be a champion in your life. Take action in that direction, no matter how small, to start creating it today.
As simple as it sounds, just taking one small step in this direction can lead you to the life you really want. Every destination you’ve arrived at started with one step whether it was in the right or wrong direction.
If you ever look at your life and think, “How did I get here and how do I get out?” then this simple step may open the door to the path you’re looking for.