This short video by Darryl Cross, a clinical psychologist, explores the rise of depression in the workplace.
Although people need a moderate level of stress in order to do well at work, unnecessary stress causes a significant drop in job performance, and therefore needs to be prevented. He explains the different stages of stress and how to identify them.
This is a very informative video that lets the viewers learn how depression occurs and work towards eliminating it in their lives permanently.
Key Points from this Inspirational Video:
- We need some stress to perform well at work
- Job performance of employees that experience distress (excessive stress) drops significantly
- Stress Stage 1: anxiety
- Stress Stage 2: moodiness, anger, depression
- Stress Stage 3: emotional/mental breakdown
- We need to catch anxiety and depression as soon as possible
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Entertainment Rating (1-5): 3
Although the speaker does speak clearly, the video feels more like a university lecture. Since the video is short, this can be overlooked.
Instructional Rating: 5
It is very informative in showing the signs to look out for in catching anxiety among employees.
Sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to Lailani Mendoza for this in-depth inspirational video review!Tags: Darryl Cross, depression, Depression in the Workplace, Psychologist, self-help video