Top 10 Signs You’re WAY Too Stressed at Work
- You refer to your lunch hour as your “vacation time.”
- Your desk drawer contains two stress balls (one for each hand, naturally), several antacid bottles and a 40-ouncer of gin.
- You wake up in a panic thinking about work, and quickly realize you’re still at work.
- You’re so burned out that you answer the phone with just “Hell.”
- You refer to your open-concept cubicle as home.
- You dream about how relaxing it would be to be in rehab.
- You wake up Monday morning thinking… “Is it Friday yet?”
- You fantasize about the untimely demise of Mike, the gormless lump in the cubicle next to you, who constantly crumples up paper into little balls, tosses them into the wastepaper bin saying “Yessssss!!!” each time.
- Your office plant is your best friend.
- You watch “Survivor” and tribal council reminds you of the office.
I hope you got a smile out of this Top 10 list. Unfortunately, workplace stress isn’t a laughing matter. Symptoms can often manifest themselves in a variety of ways, both physically and emotionally.
Feeling anxious either at the office or at home? Don’t worry, we all do from time to time. Got something that’s stressing you out? Send Stress Quest your stress-related problem or question and not only will you get a solution, you also have the chance to win cash prizes in a monthly draw.
If you’d like to learn techniques that you can easily incorporate into your lifestyle to help cope with stress, be sure to visit Stress Busters.