The holidays are fast approaching, are you ready to cope with the additional stress load?
Stress must be managed before it gets out of control. Once stress takes over your life, you’re already burnt out, exhausted and overwhelmed.
Here is a list of 7 reasons why you can’t delay implementing a stress management program:
- The time crunch will only intensify closer to the holidays. Party planning, traveling and shopping will only add more pressure and stress. If you’re already teetering on the brink of burnout, it’s time for you to gain control over your stress before you push yourself any further.
- You’ll have less time to think, reflect, and relax. Once the holiday season hits, you’ll be busy at parties, family gatherings, or in large crowds in the malls. There will be little “you” time. Are you ready to handle holiday stress in addition to your daily stresses? If not, then you need to take action and manage your stress.
- Extreme stress won’t suddenly disappear without proactive stress management. Stress needs to be proactively managed before you burn out. Stress doesn’t come and go, it always exists even though you may encounter less stressful periods. With an effective stress management program, you will learn how to smooth over the peaks and valleys of your stress.
- You need to take care of your health before you can take care of others. While you should help others as best as you can, you won’t be able to help if you’re chronically stressed, burnt out, or sick. By managing your stress levels and health, you will be in better shape to help others.
- Your mind will be at ease and your body will be relaxed, just in time to celebrate. You can’t enjoy the parties and celebrations if your mind is busy or your body is tense. By relieving stress now, you’re putting yourself at ease come holiday time.
- You can appreciate the holiday spirit without stress or conflict looming over your head. Don’t allow stress or conflict to overshadow the holiday spirit. Appreciate and experience the little things during the holidays – rosy cheeks, snowflakes, the gift of giving, smiling children, and Christmas or holiday decorations.
- You deserve to enjoy a happy, healthy, and relaxing holiday. By investing in yourself and managing your stress, you are confirming that you are a valuable person and that your feelings and needs are important. You deserve to enjoy yourself this holiday season, just like everyone else.
There is hope. Seek stress relief today and you’ll begin seeing results almost immediately. I wish you all the best this holiday season. Take each day one step at a time and truly savor each moment.
Visit the ACQYR Stress Busters page for a unique stress management program.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!